Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gluten Free Pizza


I have decided to post a non-Bon Appetit recipe on my blog. After all, I don't want people to think that all I eat are desserts. This meal is usually ready in 30 minutes!
This pizza crust is made with Domata brand Pizza mix. You can find it next to the other Domata Gluten free flour mix at the store
The mix is very easy to follow.
Two cups of flour/mix and one cup water. Mix it in your blender until a dough ball forms. Then, what I do is this:
I dont have a pizza stone, so I greased a cookie sheet with a little bit of olive oil. Put the dough ball on that greased pan. Use a roller and roll out the dough. You'll need some gluten free flour to help you roll the dough out. Then once a thin crust has been rolled out, put a little bit of olive oil on the crust. I sprinkled parsley, salt and pepper over the crust, to add some flavor because the gluten free pizza dough does taste a bit bland.
Next pre- bake the crust for about 10 minutes on the middle rake in the oven at 400 degrees.
Next, sautee some vegetables. I used red and yellow onions and red peppers. I sauteed them in a bit of olive oil in a skillet.
When the crust is done, let it cool for a couple of minutes, let add pizza tomato sauce, cheese, veggies, pepperoni, and a bit more cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. If cheese and pepperoni aren't melted/crispy enough, you can switch the oven to broil for a few minutes. BUT, you must watch the oven closely, or your pizza will burn.
I added pineapple to my pizza, but I added it at the very end, when broiler was on.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment