Monday, November 14, 2011

Gluten Free Cranberry Apple and Pecan Muffins


I made A LOT of homemade Cranberry sauce this weekend and none of it was used. So, I needed to find a way to put some of it to good use. Hence, I searched for "leftover Cranberry sauce recipes" and I found this. From "Seriouseats.com. I made this gluten and dairy free!

Ingredients:
* 1 cup flour - Domata Gluten free flour
* 1/2 cup whole-grain wheat flour- Domata gluten free flour
* 1 cup oats
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 ½ cups of leftover cranberry sauce
* 1/2 cup skim milk- I used almond milk
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil -I used butter flavored Crisco
* 1 egg - I used 2 eggs
** I added one Granny Smith Apple, diced


1. Heat oven to 400 Degree. Line muffin tin with paper baking cups.
2. In a large bowl, combine regular flour, whole-grain flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; mix well. In medium bowl, combine milk, oil, cranberry sauce (and apple)and egg; blend well. Fold into dry ingredients all at once; stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
3. Fill muffin cups about three-quarters full.
4. Bake 25 and then cover with foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown. Break off that seductive muffin top, then inhale the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment