Monday, March 7, 2011

Double Decker White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake


My latest baking quest!

The recipe calls for chocolate wafers for the crust. I couldn't find any gluten free chocolate wafers, so I used gluten free "oreo" type cookies. Take the cookies apart and discard the filling (or eat it).
I baked the crust one day ahead of time.
The recipe calls for the spring form pan to be covered in aluminum foil and placed in roasting pan. The roasting pan is to be filled with water.
I don't have a roasting pan (big gasp of shock here), so...I used a heavy cookie sheet. I put the spring form pan on the cookie sheet and placed it in the oven. Then I poured water onto the cookie sheet.
I would suggest baking the raspberry layer for a little longer, 55-60 minutes.
I accidentally added the almond extract to the top layer of cheesecake, but it didn't matter.
I was told that the raspberry layer of the cheesecake could have been "more raspberryerer". So, you add all of the raspberry puree to the raspberry layer if you'd like.
I also added my own touch to this cheesecake. I made a bitter sweet chocolate ganache to drizzle over the cheesecake.
I heated 1 cup heavy whipping cream on the stove. Then I chopped up 8 ounces bitter sweet chocolate. Then I stirred chocolate into the heated cream. I let this sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
If you have let over raspberry puree, you can drizzle that on the cheesecake like I did and garnish it with fresh raspberries.

Recipe here:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Double-Decker-Raspberry-and-White-Chocolate-Cheesecake-104844

1 comment: